The past few weeks, we’ve been very busy looking for our next home, and I haven’t had much time to write this blog post. I’ll talk about the house hunting later, but for now, I’m going to reminisce about the fun times we had together with my mom and my sister’s family when they were here for a visit a few weeks ago.
Like me, my mom works on-line, so she was able to come down for a 3-week stay, even though she had to work a little while she was here. The last week, my sister Ashley’s family joined us, including my awesome brother-in-law, Justin, and their 6-year old daughter, Kennedy. We had a blast! The little cousins loved playing together, too, except for the occasional (I mean, constant) fights over who’s “first” and what’s “fair”.
Most of all, it was just fun to be all together, and have time to talk and play. Our friendships and love for each other grew and deepened, and we’re really looking forward to the next time we can be “all together”.
- Relaxed in our house, listening to music controlled by my iPhone (thanks for bringing down the Airport Express, Mom!)
- Watched the incredible display of New Year’s fireworks over the entire central valley
- Visited the nearby towns of Sarchi (hand-painted ox carts) and Zarcero (topiary), and also Montezuma (hippies) in Guanacaste
- Played Rory’s Story cubes (a game where you make up stories based on images on dice)
- Went to Doña Ana beach with some local friends
- Drove through four rivers in Guanacaste
- Visited Zoo Ave in La Garita
- Stayed in some lovely hotels in Playa Tambor, Playa Carillo, La Fortuna, and Manuel Antonio
- Visited La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Zip-lined through the mossy trees and fog at Selvatura Park in Monteverde Cloud forest, and swung on the Tarzan swing
- Visited the fruit market in Grecia
- Saw (and almost got attacked by) Monkeys in Manuel Antonio National Park
- Bodyboarded and played at the beach
- Taught my brother-in-law how to play foosball. I even let him win me once. :)
- Had some amazing food made by Jen, our friends, and some wonderful restaurants
- Swam in the Los Chorros Waterfall
- Listened to dozens of Beatle’s songs as we drove, as well as other music
- Ate at Café Delicias numerous times
- Drove around lake Arenal and swam in hot springs at Los Lagos resort
- Took the ferry from Puntarenas to Guanacaste
- Watched Tangled 3D in Spanish, and The Incredible Mr. Limpett
- Had some friends over for visits and meals
- Saw sloths, monkeys, iguanas, scarlet macaws, blue-crowned mot mot’s, and more, in the wild
What a fun time we had! I’m so glad they took the time to come visit. Here are some pictures and video (not all taken by me) of our time together.