Updated: Jan 26, 2018
As a Family
- We’ve settled nicely into our home here in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. We’ve been doing a lot of remodeling the past few months, and are filling the house with furniture and art that better suits our tastes. So the house is starting to feel a lot more like “home”. We’re loving the community here, the friends we’re surrounded by, and the classes and community activities we’re all involved in.
- We’re keeping ourselves busy working on several passion projects that we’re excited about. Of course, the biggest is the Family Adventure Summit! Our first year was a huge success with over 74% of participants immediately registering for the following year. As of today, 240 people have already registered for this year’s conference here in San Miguel de Allende! And we’re expecting between 300-400 attendees. It will be held over Day of the Dead and we’re planning to make it another epic event! If you’re interested in long-term travel, location independence, entrepreneurship, or alternative education, be sure to check it out. The dates are Oct 29-Nov 4, 2018. We’d love to see you there!
- Our family is also preparing to hold our first 3-week immersive retreat along with the Kaponay family in the heart of Transylvania, Romania. This retreat will be a more intimate experience, with just ten families who will join us in deep discussions around topics related long-term travel, relationships, community, and the intentions with which we choose to live in the world, along with activities, games, and fun excursions to some of the most beautiful and inspiring places in Romania. Learn more at our website: AtHomeintheWorldRetreat.com.
- Our Into the Wind documentary project is moving along, too. We’re well into the filming stage now, having shot scenes in the UK, New Jersey, Jordan, with several families who’s journeys we’re highlighting in the film. And we’ll be filming our family here in San Miguel in April! Click here to see the teaser trailer and get on our mailing list.
- I am so excited to have recently launched my first online course. It’s called Dream Achievement Blueprint and in it, I teach the most effective principles, strategies, practices, and tools I’ve used to achieve my biggest dreams, from creating a high six-figure 4-hour workweek business, to traveling the world with my family for 9 years and more. You’ll gain clarity on what it is you want, and gain the confidence and skills to actually achieve your dreams, while also enjoying the process along the way. So far, the response has been wonderful and I’m grateful I could make this training available. Click here to learn more.
- I’m coming up on my 67th week writing my Weekly NOW email series! I still love sharing what’s going on in my world each week and the things I’m learning, as well as hearing your thoughts in response. If you’re like to join in, you can sign up for free here.
- Every month, I’m continuing to teach a training as part of my Family Travel Accelerator program. It’s a good challenge for me, and gives me a chance to share what I’ve learned on our travels to encourage other families earlier on the journey. I’m currently offering a 7-day trial for only $1 if you’d like to check it out. You get instant access to all previous month’s trainings! Click here to learn more about Family Travel Accelerator.
- Each week this year, I’ve dedicated to a certain topic of study, sometimes lasting as long as 3 or 4 weeks. The past couple weeks, I’ve been enjoying studying more about cryptocurrency (I bought my first bitcoin back in 2013, though hadn’t thought much about it until it jumped over 2000% at the end of 2017). Next, I’ll turn my focus back to real estate investing, and looking to potentially purchase another property or two this year.
- Jen is really enjoying working as a certified high performance coach and she’s making a big difference in the lives of her clients. Her energy, enthusiasm, clarity, and perceptive questions get right to the heart of helping you discover the best of you are, what you want, and living from that place with hightened and sustained levels of performance and enjoyment. If you’re interested in working with Jen, please get in touch.
- Jen has been doing a lot of dream work lately. Fueled by her own desire to understand her subconscious mind, she’s been attending a weekly dream circle and journaling to an intense level of detail about her dreams and all she’s learning from them.
- She also continues to enjoy her weekly only voice lessons, and weekly bellydancing classes here in San Miguel.
Emily (age 14)
- Emily is continuing to put a lot of passion into her art and animations. She finally finished the first draft of her 5700 frame animated music video to the song she wrote called “Dance in the Rain”. In addition, she recently wrote and recorded another song called “Where My Thoughts Will Take Me” and has been working on animation for this as well.
- Emily recently got a part-time job doing video editing for a popular children’s vlog, and has been improving her video editing skills greatly.
- She’s also editing some videos for our family blog, including this one about San Miguel, which she scripted, recorded, and edited herself using my footage over the past year.
- Emily has taken an interest in learning Chinese, and has been studying it on Duo Lingo and elsewhere.
- If you’d like to stay up to date on what Emily’s doing, be sure to get on her email newsletter at EmilyPearceMusic.com.
Marie (age 12)
- Marie loves video editing, and has been making a lot of videos for her Jamnastics Youtube channel, which now has almost 900 subscribers!
- She’s taking a circus class that she loves, which incorporates aerial silks, floor gymnastics, and many other things with girls her age.
- She’s also playing lots of Animal Jam with her sister and her friends in other parts of the world.
Aysia (age 6)
- Aysia has continued to get better at reading.
- She likes to spend as much time as possible playing with her friend Avery who lives just a 6-minute walk from our house.
- She also enjoys playing with her sisters, reading with her parents, drawing, playing with toys, and being sweet. She says her favorite thing in the world to do is to “love people”. And she’s good at it. :)
Join my free weekly email series! Every Sunday, I'll send you a summary of my latest thoughts and learnings on travel, entrepreneurship, spirituality/personal development, alternative education, books I'm reading, photography, and more!