What Are We Doing Now? – Dec 17, 2016
Updated: Dec 17, 2016
As a Family
- We wrapped up our 6 month stay in Victoria, BC, Canada, and have said our goodbyes. We really enjoyed our time there, but are now moving on to another season of travel, including skiing in Big White, Canada (where we are currently), visiting family in Salt Lake City for the holidays, and then onto Mexico, San Diego, Costa Rica, Bali, Norway, and then Penticton BC for the Family Adventure Summit.
- Jen and I have been working hard with our team on the upcoming Family Adventure Summit conference we’re holding for families interested in long-term travel and location-independence. It’s exciting to be working on a new project like this, and all the challenges that come along with putting on a live event. We recently launched a new website for the summit announcing the official dates and location: Sep 1-3, 2016 in Penticton, BC, Canada. Now we’re getting speakers and sponsors lined up and are fleshing out the schedule. We’re really excited about the event and hope it will be an inspirational and connecting experience for all involved.
- We also recently announced the 1-day workshop we’ll be teaching about intuition in Salt Lake City on January 7, 2017, and Jen has been working especially hard putting together the workshop contents. We’re excited to be sharing more about this topic and are also making plans to hold a retreat on the same topic in Bali next July.
- We continue to read a book together every night as a family. Right now, it’s a book called North of Nowhere.
- I’m continuing to work on my main business, Music Teacher’s Helper, to help move along some of the new features we want to release, and better optimize the company’s operations. I recently hired a VP of Product, who’s helping with some of the higher level decisions and execution.
- I’m continuing to enjoy coaching, and watching my clients progress in their life and business with each session. I’m also enjoying all that I’m learning through coaching.
- I’m putting a good portion of my time working on a secret project I hope to have ready to announce in the next few months.
- In addition to the projects above, which occupy a good portion of her day, she’s also taking weekly voice lessons, and practicing singing.
- Jen recently attended a 5-day seminar for Brendon Burchard’s High Performance Coaching Certification, and hopes to begin coaching soon. (She’s started coaching me, and she’s fantastic!)
Emily (age 13)
- Emily loved learning the violin so much over the past four months (and made quite a bit of progress), that she’s decided to continue taking lessons while traveling. So we found her a teacher willing to teach via Skype, and she now carries both a guitar and a violin as we travel.
- Continuing to take singing and songwriting lessons from her teacher in Los Angeles via Skype.
- Creating impressive animations and drawings with her digital sketch pad
- Working on her new music website
Marie (age 11)
- Marie finished reading all the Warrior Cat books on the Epic app, and is now reading other books she finds interesting.
- Playing lots of Animal Jam with her sister or friends in other parts of the world.
- Looking forward to more playdates and time with friends and cousins
Aysia (age 5)
- Playing with her friend Isla while visiting her for the week.
- Learning to read throughs several iPad apps, including Epic and Endless Reader
Past summaries of what we’re doing now