Updated: Jan 25, 2017
As a Family
- We’re back in colorful San Miguel de Allende, Mexico! We love this artsy town. So much creativity, color, great food, friendly people, good weather, and good prices. We’re here for six weeks this time around, but are considering making it a more permanent home base for us later in the year.
- Jen and I have been working hard with our team on the upcoming Family Adventure Summit conference. This is a 3-day live event for families interested in long-term travel and location-independence. We’ve launched our early bird prices, are booking speakers, fleshing out the schedule, and people are already registering! Sep 1-3, 2017 in Penticton, BC, Canada. We’re really excited about the event and hope it will be an inspirational and connecting experience for all involved. Get your tickets here.
- Jen and I taught our first workshop on intuition in Salt Lake City a couple weeks ago, and we’ll be doing another one here in Mexico in a couple more weeks. Jen has been working especially hard putting together and improving the workshop content, and learning the art of good facilitation. We’re really enjoy this topic and are also excited be leading a retreat on the same topic in Bali in July. (Please let us know if you’re interested!)
- We continue to read a book together every night as a family. We just finished a book called North of Nowhere, which we enjoyed. And now we’ve started the Story of the World series.
- More than ever, I’m enjoying the process of team building in my businesses, and creating a culture that matches the values and vision I have for the company. Music Teacher’s Helper has some exciting improvements coming this year, and it’s fun to work on it with great people.
- I’m continuing to enjoy coaching, and watching my clients progress in their life and business with each session. I’m also enjoying all that I’m learning through coaching. If you’re interested in working with me as a coach or consultant, please get in touch.
- I’m doing more to develop my photography skills lately, including taking an online course in landscape photography from Chris Burkard, and going on lots of photography walks around this beautiful town. I also bought a professional lighting kit we’re traveling with to help us shoot higher quality video.
- In addition to working on her intuition workshop, she’s also taking weekly voice lessons, and practicing singing.
- Jen is also coaching Brandon using her training from Brendon Burchard’s High Performance Coaching Certification, and wow, she’s good! She’ll branch out to start coaching other clients soon.
Emily (age 13)
- Taking private Spanish lessons several times per week to improve her abilities.
- Taking violin, singing, and songwriting lessons via Skype
- Creating impressive animations and drawings with her digital sketch pad
- Working on programming her new music website using html
- May also soon be taking painting, guitar, and/or martial arts classes.
Marie (age 11)
- Taking horseback riding lessons
- Drawing a lot using the Procreate app on her iPad
- Playing lots of Animal Jam with her sister or friends in other parts of the world.
- Looking forward to more playdates and time with friends and cousins
Aysia (age 5)
- Learning to read throughs several iPad apps, including Epic and Endless Reader
- Drawing and making videos on her iPad
- Playing in the small yard we have here in San Miguel