Updated: March 15, 2019
As a Family
Here is what we’ve been up to recently:
- At the beginning of 2019, we visited India for the first time, and loved our stay in Kerala, the southwest part of the country. From beaches, and river boat rides, to staying in the home of a very generous and kind local family near the mountains, it was a trip we will never forget. Here is a video Emily put together of our stay: https://youtu.be/DO29ObIxN5w
- We recently ran our At Home in the World Retreat in Bali, with several other families who came with open hearts and a willing commitment to explore deep with their families, and they came away with so many stories and experiences of transformation and growth. We’re so grateful to have been able to put this retreat on in ways that bring families together and create new community. And we’re looking forward to our next one this summer in Transylvania, Romania (July 1-14).
- Our Family Adventure Academy event is gaining interest. This is the 3-day bootcamp for parents interested in having a long-term travel adventure with their family. It will be in Seattle this summer, Aug 16-18.
- We’re currently in Luang Prabang, Laos, exploring this beautiful city with our friends, the Kaponays.
- I’m keeping quite busy with all of the events we’re running and the travel that surrounds them. Balancing that with my own need for space and reflection, and for time with the family is a continual and rewarding challenge. It feels good to be making a difference in so many lives, but I need to remember to take care of myself, too.
- Jen is really enjoying working as a certified high performance coach and she’s making a big difference in the lives of her clients. Her energy, enthusiasm, clarity, and perceptive questions get right to the heart of helping you discover the best of you are, what you want, and living from that place with hightened and sustained levels of performance and enjoyment. If you’re interested in working with Jen, please get in touch.
- Jen has been doing a lot of dream work lately. Fueled by her own desire to understand her subconscious mind, she’s been attending a weekly dream circle and journaling to an intense level of detail about her dreams and all she’s learning from them.
Emily (age 15)
- Emily is spending a lot of her time lately working on a short documentary about the pollution problems and solutions in Bali. She has a strong passion for the environment, and has been scheduling interviews with some of the leaders in the environmental movement here. I’ve been going with her to help film them, and she’s making good progress on the documentary. This has been a great educational process for both of us, and a lot of fun.
- Emily continues to draw in new clients and retain happy ones in her video editing and production business, Crystal Cut Studios. She also edits videos for our family travels, which has been great, as she is very skilled. (For example, see this one she made about our time in Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Emily still loves to draw, animate, create music, exercise, and more. But she’s very focused on her goals, and wants to prepare herself for university, or whatever may come in future years.
Marie (age 13)
- Marie has been creating more worlds and objects using the professional Cinema4D modeling and animation software (free educational license). It’s fun to see what she creates and the ways she’s teaching herself to use this powerful tool.
- Marie’s is still loving aerial silks, too, practicing regularly at our house in Bali.
Aysia (age 7)
- Aysia loves ballet. Her teacher in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico recognized such passion and focus in her that she offered to teach her privately twice per week in addition to her twice a week group classes. And when we left for Bali, her teacher even offered to start teaching online so she could keep up the relationship with Aysia. And Aysia can’t get enough. Outside of her lessons, she loves watching documentaries, reading books, and studying all she can about ballet.
- Aysia also enjoys aerial silks, as taught to her by Marie.
Join my free weekly email series! Every Sunday, I'll send you a summary of my latest thoughts and learnings on travel, entrepreneurship, spirituality/personal development, alternative education, books I'm reading, photography, and more!